sactown magazine has an interesting series of articles grouped under Why Not Here? which I like for its thinking outside the box. Though most of these are not directly transportation related, they are about transforming the nature of Sacramento and bringing residents into downtown. Most of the articles were written by sactown co-owner Rob Turner.
I believe that these are important goals because it is only through dream-big projects that the money to fix our transportation woes will become available. If we have to wait until our regular tax base can fix things, we will be waiting a long time, but new developments can fix things as part of their design. Several ideas are about bringing regular and high-end housing to downtown, which encourages walking, biking and transit solutions rather than more driving and more parking.
- Return of the JFDI (sactown 2013-12); this one is about the Community Center Theatre
- A Walk on the Wild Side (sactown 2013-12)
- A River Runs Through It (sactown 2013-10)
- A Sleeping Green Giant (sactown 2013-10)
- Looking for a Square Deal (sactown 2013-08
- #HereWeBuild (sactown 2013-06)