Note: It is often not clear in these news reports whether the incident has anything to do with the mode of travel, of if any of the fault lies with the victim. Investigations take months, and the results are rarely reported in the media. So, sometimes I pass these items along, and sometimes I don’t.
- Pedestrian struck, killed crossing Elk Grove Boulevard (SacBee 2014-11-18)
- UPDATE: Police identify man arrested in shooting of bicyclist in West Sacramento (SacBee 2014-11-18); not clear if this has anything to do with the mode of travel
- Man struck, killed by light-rail train (SacBee 2014-11-18); Body on Rancho Cordova tracks identified as a teen (SacBee 2014-11-20)
- Pedestrian killed on Highway 50 is identified (SacBee 2014-11-20)
- New housing for artists signals big changes on Sacramento’s R Street (Sacramento News & Review 2014-11-20)
- Bumpy road ahead for Sacramento infrastructure (Sacramento News & Review 2014-11-20)
- Crashes continue in I-80 construction zone in north Sacramento (SacBee 2014-11-20)
- Veggie Trike brings produce to Sacramento-area streets (SacBee 2014-11-20)
- Group urges changing downtown streets to maximize development around arena (Sacramento Business Journal 2014-11-19); How the Arena Could Change the Flow of Downtown Traffic (Fox 40 2014-11-19)
- Modular midtown housing project Eviva delayed over design process (Sacramento Business Journal 2014-11-18)
- Affordable multifamily project in Arden-Arcade drawing flak from neighbors (Sacramento Business Journal 2014-11-17); Neighbors want parking instead of affordable housing? What nice neighbors to have. Not!
- Pedestrian-and-bike-friendly Phase 2 of R Street Improvement Project Underway (Sacramento Press 2014-11-14)