The condition and future of Sacramento Regional Transit (SacRT), particularly the light rail system, has been much in the news recently:
- Back-seat Driver: Tug of war at Sacramento transit agency
- Regional Transit working on improvements, in response to business community
- Editorial: Arena provides spark for fixing Regional Transit
- Sacramento transit officials agree their light rail service needs improvement
- Sacramento business leaders challenge RT: Clean up your act
Everyone these days seems to want a better transit system. The problem is that no one wants to pay for a better transit system. The business leaders who suddenly want a modern, appealing, well-maintained light rail are the same ones that have worked over the years to suppress efforts at increasing the tax base for operation of the system.